Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Feature of features! Url, aka Fish in a Squirrel Suit, takes the interwebs by storm

It all started on dark and stormy night (ok I don't really know the weather on Url's birthday but it sounds good) when SlightlyCurious created Url, aka Fish in a Squirrel Suit.

Here on the Etsy Dark Team we love him, of course, from his glassy round eyes, to his road rash & squirrely toes but not so much everywhere. Our fishy, furry little friend made not one but two appearances on LiveJournal's Ugly Crap Community and recently wriggled up on Regretsy. But this is where even "bad" publicity turns into good publicity! Regretsy alone has brought 1400 9600!! views to SlightlyCurious' Etsy shop plus Url now has his own song, and has a mention on the Wall Street Journal (as the "Fish in a Squirrel Suit"). The friggin' Wall Street Journal! Yeah, I'm jealous ;)

Here is Url's song:


singing to lauren, although she doesn't know it yet. on 12seconds.tv

And here is our beloved Url posing for the camera:

Can you boast 15+ Google search pages for your creation? I'm not joking, search "fish in a squirrel suit" for yourself. I know I wish I could boast that! Url's got my vote to be the Etsy Dark Team's mascot.

L♥ve y♥u, Url! ~Static

3 comments:

Cloud said...

I wonder if Regretsy realised that their bitching would lead to the sale of so much stuff on Etsy?

Think I may need to start making more poo related products to get on Regretsy and get a free plug!

nitebyrd said...

Url is just the sweetest thing! Why would anyone want to list him in anything called "Ugly Crap!?!"

He deserves every Google he gets 'cause he's awesome!

Dilda says... said...

I heart Url!